The specialty pharmacy industry has experienced significant growth and change over the last few years, including many changes to affordability, payor networks, accreditation needs and access to limited distribution drugs (LDD).
So, what are some of the biggest challenges in the specialty pharmacy industry today? At the 2016 NASP Annual Meeting & Expo in Washington, D.C., we sat down with industry leaders to discuss their insights on the challenges now facing specialty pharmacies, and how they can be transformed into opportunities for greater success.
Tune in to hear the thoughts from GPOs, independent SPs, public SPs, and accreditation organizations including:
- Stacey Ness, Pharm.D, RPh, CSP, MSCS, AAHIVP, Senior Director of Specialty Clinical Services, Managed Health Care Associates
- Brandon Newman, Pharm.D.,CSP, Manager of Clinical Services, Vanderbilt Specialty Pharmacy
- Dino Martino, R.PH., Executive Director, Perform Specialty (a division of PerformRX )
- Deanne Smith, Pharm.D., Lead Clinical Pharmacist, BioCure
- Matt McGrath, Director/Strategic Account Management, CareMed Specialty Pharmacy
- JoAnn Hyres, Senior VP Sales & Marketing, Amber Pharmacy
- Cheryl Allen, VP Business Development & Industry Relations, Diplomat
- Jonathan Van Laren, Manager of Clinical Services, Pharmacy Advantage
- Phil Epstein, Director of Sales and Trade, HPC Specialty Pharmacy
- Toni Giglio, Director, Managed Care, US Bioservices
We identified three common threadlines from their answers outlined below. Let us know what you think about the episode and what challenges you’ve noticed in the industry on Twitter @CSIspecialty.
- Tapping into payor networks
- Accreditation needs
- Access to limited distribution drugs