In this episode, Sheila Arquette, RPh, executive director of the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy, joins Suzette DiMascio, CHE, CMCE, CPC, host of the Specialty Pharmacy Podcast, to discuss legislative changes and initiatives impact both the specialty pharmacy marketplace and patients at large.
Tune in to discover:
- The status of recent legislation from the FDA aiming to bring products to market faster, especially with orphan drugs and biosimilars
- The degree to which biosimilars have been able to achieve cost savings for patients and specialty pharmacists
- How DIR fees affect patient care
- How NASP is leading the grassroots effort to educate legislators about specialty pharmacy
- The barriers specialty pharmacies face in servicing Medicare Part D patients
- Why you can’t miss the 5th Annual NASP conference Sept 18-20, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
- How you can sign up for the Women in Specialty Pharmacy Luncheon at the NASP conference
About Sheila Arquette, RPh, Executive Director
Sheila Arquette is the Executive Director of the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Pharmacy. She has extensive practical and leadership experience in retail pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, long-term care consulting and dispensing, in addition to the managed care, PBM and specialty pharmacy space. She is a regular speaker and participant at national pharmacy conferences, roundtables and industry meetings.
Sheila comes to NASP from Independent Health where she was the Director of Pharmacy Services.
Sheila has served on the NASP membership committee and as the co-chair of the Government Affairs Committee. She was elected to the NASP Board of Directors and received the NASP Distinguished Service Award in September 2016. She also is a long- standing member of AMCP.
About The Specialty Pharmacy Podcast
Join host Suzette DiMascio, CHE, CMCE, CPC, President and CEO of CSI Specialty Group, as she answers questions, addresses concerns and discusses the news you need to stay on top of the ever evolving world of specialty pharmacy. Tune in every episode to hear real world examples of the good, the bad and the outrageous from the experts at CSI Specialty Group, and to learn about the limitless growth opportunities available in the specialty pharmacy industry.