In this episode, the patient journey takes center stage as Jennifer Paretta, MS, CLT, scientist, and multiple sclerosis (MS) patient, joins host Suzette DiMascio, CHE, CMCE, CPC, to share tips on how patients can navigate the complexities of paying for expensive drugs as we head into 2018.
Diagnosed with MS at the age of 23, and now raising a son with MS as well, Jennifer also shares her firsthand insights on how innovations in the pharmaceutical industry are changing and enhancing the patient journey.
Tune in to Discover:
- How to understand health plan benefits and maximize pharmacy benefits
- The best method to leverage manufacturer copay programs with your plan
- How to ensure your health plan communicates with drug manufacturers and pharmacies to take full advantage of co-pay assistance programs
- Why Jennifer has to plan for the year ahead and how she selects and negotiates with MD offices
- When specialty pharmacies can help patients maximize their refills and benefits
- How to leverage HSA/FSA plans and credit cards with 0% interest
About Jennifer Paretta, MS, CLT
Jennifer Paretta, MS, CLT, has worked in the healthcare field since 1998. Throughout her career, she has had the opportunity to do research, product development, and manage several health-related endeavors.
Living with multiple sclerosis (MS) for almost 20 years, she devotes her spare time to being a patient advocate for those with chronic medical conditions. A mother of two children, she feels it is her obligation help others empower themselves and navigate through the ever-changing complexities of the healthcare system.
About CSI Specialty Group
CSI Specialty Group is a globally recognized; WBE Certified Leadership Consulting Firm dedicated to providing solutions that continually elevate the specialty pharmacy industry. By providing inventive specialty pharmacy consulting, workforce planning and talent acquisition solutions, CSI uniquely tailors its service offerings to help clients drive sustainable, accelerated growth. As the provider of the industry’s first, dedicated podcast for specialty pharmacy, CSI is at the forefront of pioneering innovative concepts to meet the changing needs of specialty pharmacy, home infusion, mail order/PBM, health systems and pharma/biotech clients across the USA and throughout Europe.
Here’s How to Subscribe
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Tunein
- Click here to subscribe via SoundCloud
About The Specialty Pharmacy Podcast
Join host Suzette DiMascio, CHE, CMCE, CPC, President and CEO of CSI Specialty Group, as she answers questions, addresses concerns and discusses the news you need to stay on top of the ever evolving world of specialty pharmacy. Tune in every episode to hear real world examples of the good, the bad and the outrageous from the experts at CSI Specialty Group, and to learn about the limitless growth opportunities available in the specialty pharmacy industry.