On March 2, 2017, the House of Representatives proposed a new bipartisan bill, known as the Prescription Drug Price Transparency Act (Bill HR 1316), requiring PBMs to disclose pricing information and create the first act of legislation in U.S. history for transparency. What does this mean for you and what kind of precedent does it set moving forward?
This week, CSI Specialty Group President and CEO Suzette DiMascio, CHE, CMCE, CPC, explains what the bill means and shares how (and why) listeners should support the bill and its effort to limit the unbalanced power that PBMs currently wield in the marketplace.
Tune in to Discover:
- Why the bill may play a pivotal role in the growth and sustainability of the pharma and PBM industries
- The exact provisions in Bill HR 1316 that would affect how PBMs operate in the marketplace
- How the Prescription Drug Price Transparency Act will help patients get access to the pharmacy they want
- What you can do in just a few minutes to help get Bill HR 1316 passed and contribute to making patient lives better
Here’s How to Subscribe
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Tunein
- Click here to subscribe via SoundCloud
About The Specialty Pharmacy Podcast
Join host Suzette DiMascio, CHE, CMCE, CPC, President and CEO of CSI Specialty Group, as she answers questions, addresses concerns and discusses the news you need to stay on top of the ever evolving world of specialty pharmacy. Tune in every episode to hear real world examples of the good, the bad and the outrageous from the experts at CSI Specialty Group, and to learn about the limitless growth opportunities available in the specialty pharmacy industry.