This episode is part of our Expert Interview Series. In each episode of this series, we’ll interview industry professionals for their perspective on the evolving specialty pharmacy market.
In this episode, Cynthia Radford, Senior Vice President of Specialty Pharmacy Management and Customer Care at Innovatix, joins host Suzette DiMascio, CHE, CMCE, CPC, for an in-depth discussion on specialty pharmacy distribution hurdles and solutions to common problems a pharmacy may face.
Radford has more than 30 years of experience in the specialty pharmacy distribution and pharmaceutical industry with a specific focus on oncology. She was part of the original business development team of US Oncology, a physician management company, with over 900 medical oncologists.
In her prior role, she was responsible for building relationships among hospital outpatient centers and physicians to build free-standing cancer clinics. She has managed the payer arrangements with each cancer center as well as all practice management programs.
In addition, Radford launched the first generic equivalent to Taxol for Ivax Pharmaceuticals and managed the marketing program and forecast for the production of its release in Europe, South America, Canada, and the United States.
Tune in to Discover:
- The ways big-box super markets have hopped on the specialty pharmacy train
- New challenges and considerations with limited access drugs
- Regulations on specialty drugs for correctional pharmacies in federal prisons
- The percentage of health systems with specialty pharmacies already in place
- Should specialty pharmacy have its own class of trade?
- Advice on what you should do (and what to expect) if you are considering starting a specialty pharmacy
Innovatix provides supply chain solutions and strategic purchasing support to the non-acute healthcare, education, and business communities. Combining an industry-leading group purchasing portfolio with extensive healthcare and operations expertise, Innovatix works tirelessly to deliver savings and value to our members.
If you would like to contact Cynthia Radford, she can be reached directly at (212) 901-1227 or by email at email@example.com.
Here’s How to Subscribe
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Tunein
- Click here to subscribe via SoundCloud
About The Specialty Pharmacy Podcast
Join host Suzette DiMascio, CHE, CMCE, CPC, President and CEO of CSI Specialty Group, as she answers questions, addresses concerns and discusses the news you need to stay on top of the ever evolving world of specialty pharmacy. Tune in every episode to hear real world examples of the good, the bad and the outrageous from the experts at CSI Specialty Group, and to learn about the limitless growth opportunities available in the specialty pharmacy industry.